Thursday, September 27, 2007

Picnik.com - Awesome Photo Editing Site makes you professional

I just want to share another interesting site I stumbled upon recently.
The site is called picnik.com. It's a web based photo editor, and you can join for free or premium account.

Now, let me tell you that I'm impressed with their simple, user friendly interface. In no time, I was able to transform a boring picture into a stunning piece of art.

Here's the original picture I uploaded. Click it to see the larger view.


Inside, I clicked on Edit tab, where you can use the edit tools like Auto-fix, Rotate, Crop, Resize, Exposure, Colors, Sharpen and Red-Eye.

On my photo, I didn't use any of it so I went striaght to Create Tab. There you can find Effects, Texts Shapes, Touch-up and Frames.

I clicked on Effects, chose the black and white, and Soften, applied to it. Then I chose the area on the the lower part of Enzo, to focus on rubicks puzzles and his multicolored converse shoes, then applied the Focal B&W.

Then I clicked on Text tab to add the annotation "Enzo&Gian Rubicks Cube Competition" Note that the texts are separated individually, because I can't change them in different colors.

Finally, I clicked on shapes, chose the square, and add them in different colors.

Ooops, before I forgot, the last thing I did was the frame with round edges
effect, which I added under the Frames tab. That's it.

Here's the resulting image. Click it to see larger view.


What do you think? If you want to try, just go to this site and join. If you want to give the premium service a spin, Picnik is offering users a one-week free trial. and you'll be able to sign up for it on Picnik's front page.

Oh, here's another version of the photo I edited.

5 comments:

awannabe said...

neat stuff, thanks for sharing. I espescially love the rubix cube.

blsm said...

thank you for the link kuya tony.

i always wanted to do that coloured objects and monochrome background.

Anonymous said...

cool tool! Thanks for sharing piknic!
I love your work.

TONYCHEL said...

you're welcome! Glad you like it

clipping path said...

Love your work. A nice perfection in work using picnik. Thanks for sharing...