Saturday, August 25, 2007

Three O' Clock Incident

I would like to share you an article I wrote last May 2002 for
Couples for Christ site at http://www.cfchk.org/.
I sometimes share this story on CLP (Christian Life Program)


Three O' Clock Incident - May 2002

We've been in CFC for about 2 years now. Rachel was 3 months
pregnant when we first attended the Christian Life Program of
Couples for Christ in Tsing Yi.
Before we finish the CLP, Rachel lost her baby and we graduated
CLP without our first baby after 2 years in marriage. It was
really a sad experience to us. A month after, I lost my job .
I didn’t understand why all those things happened after we
decided to follow Jesus and be of service to God our Father.
Little did i know that God was slowly changing me. Little by
little He put all those things in order. He then gave a
better job, which I really like. We moved from Lantau to
Sham Tseng, close to my site office. We enjoyed more especially
during household meetings because we didn’t have to travel to
Lantau for hours. Household meetings become our routine and
there we become more attached to other members. Little by little
we grow in faith together.We tried to live as Christian couple,
but there's still something missing.

Last year, Rachel got pregnant for the second time. We were
so happy that God answered our prayer. That was His own time,
that Rachel will soon have her baby boy. She stopped working
to have more time to take care of herself.
I let her take time to enjoy her prenatal period without having
to wake up early and get off to office. She had her periodic
checkup in Chai Wan. It was in her third trimester that her
sugar level rose to above normal. She had her gestational
diabetes, the reason why we lost our first baby. First week
of January this year, she was confined in hospital to monitor
the baby and to lower her sugar to normal.

And for the first time, we slept on a separate bed at night.
She was in the hospital while I had to go back home and sleep
alone. Those were the lonely nights I had. Master bed suddenly
became too big. Every night, after 6, I had to rush to Pamela
Youde hospital in Chai Wan for an hour. We’re expecting she’ll
be fine in few days and one week is long enough. But days went
on. Yet, insulin didn’t help. Not only Rachel and me got really
worried, but also the doctors. They didn’t understand why her
sugar level won’t get to normal just like other pregnant patients.
They’re worried about our baby, which will be affected. The
other concern was that our baby has an enlarged or dilated left
kidney. We’re still so lucky we are in CFC.
Brother and sisters didn’t stop praying for Rachel and our baby.
Brother Joel B (Sikatz) arranged a household meeting in Chai Wan
just to pray and be with Rachel. Some elders went also to visit
and pray over for her.

My mind gets gloomy as days passed by. I was not able to
concentrate on my job. There were lots of work to finish but
my boss understands and let me go and not to take overtime .
I had to call overseas to Manila everyday to update our relatives
of her condition. Three weeks passed and Rachel didn’t get well .
Although I’m scared I didn’t lose my hope. There were times that
I was crying while talking to Rachel and saying everything will
be all right.

Yes, sweetheart, God will never let us down again. He loves us.
Our baby is a gift. I put all my trust in Him and let Him take
charge of the situation. I prayed sang, praised and thanked Him
for everything, for giving Rachel again this baby and for those
difficulties we're having that time.

We decided to go back to Manila. We ask permission from the
hospital to let us go. The Director of OB Dept. supported our
decision and gave us all her records and permit to fly. Rachel
was 8 months pregnant, so we had a hard time getting in to
plane. Rachel stayed home in Tondo and continued injecting
insulin and monitored her sugar by herself. We went to see her
OB and had her check up. I flew back to Hong Kong and get myself
busy, working after 6 till 8pm. I called her everyday.
She had her weekly checkup and later found out that 2 kidneys
of my baby were both dilated. It wasn't alarming but it added
up to my worries.



to be continued....

1 comment:

Charess said...

Oh! well,im sorry to hear all these things that you've gone through.Im also a CFC member but things didnt work well between my husband and i.Well,i do not know what to say.